Richard Blackwood partner
Audio-Drama.com links from September 27 to October 3, 2020 - 31 Days of Horror edition
2020.10.03 20:15 Hitch42 Audio-Drama.com links from September 27 to October 3, 2020 - 31 Days of Horror edition
is an online directory of audio drama and spoken word websites, with at least one new link added to it each day. As of this post, there are 5,000 published articles.
For the month of October, Audio-Drama.com presents 31 Days of Horror
, normally featuring one new horror audio drama or spoken word link every day. However, this year the total has increased to one hundred links throughout the month.
You can see the previous years' listings in this post
featuring almost 200 links. Visit Audio-Drama.com's horror category page
for over 1,000
horror audio drama links.
Here are the newest articles from the previous week:
- Forgive Me! (Full Cast Comedy Series) Father Ben left his congregation in Binghamton, New York, in the cover of night for the smaller, quieter pastures of St. Patrick's. As our new, young, and at times progressive priest begins to acquiesce to his new surroundings, he finds himself butting heads with the eccentric parishioners who come to him seeking solace and advice. Whether he's trying to understand Old Margaret's "usual" confession; parsing out how Tom can better help care for his wife's pet pig, David; or getting to the bottom of the Christmas Eve Mass Incident, Forgive Me! explores the intertwined lives in Ben's new community and the funny, sad, and sometimes painful experiences that come out of confession and the Catholic experience.
- Short of Breath (Full Cast Drama Series) Short of Breath is a limited-run, small-scale socioeconomic thriller focusing on problems relevant to contemporary working-class American life. While rooted in real human interactions, the series has the tenor, structure, and tempo of a melodrama and thriller. Set in the days leading up to the election of Donald Trump, Short of Breath follows Olissa, a single mother and recovering addict in her early 30s who loses her factory job in the series' first scene. It's terrible luck and even worse timing. This event, happening at the end of a shift on a Friday, starts a ticking clock for Olissa, as a judge refuses to postpone a custody hearing for her young daughter scheduled just three days away. It's an all-or-nothing, last-chance situation for Olissa. She has only that weekend to find a decent job and clean up her act once and for all, or risk losing her daughter.
- The Boston Project Podcast (Full Cast Drama Series) SERIES 1: The Usual Unusual - The Usual Unusual is a scrappy and quaint bookstore where Boston's LGBTQ+ community has gathered to shop, organize, and flirt since the 70's. When the store's charismatic founder Penn announces his retirement, neurotic staff-member Charlie persuades him to pass leadership on, rather than close the store. The staff's efforts to unite a fractured community under one banner – or simply coordinate a weekly reading night — stoke generational disputes about identity, community, and trauma, and lead to fraught and hilarious results.
- Quantum Paradox (Full Cast Science Fiction Horror Series) Quantum Paradox is a 21st-century audio drama, released as a weekly podcast. Somewhere like here, sometime like now but far below the surface, lie strange and supernatural contradictions. If you think everything looks normal, look closer.
- Teddies in Lockdown (Full Cast Comedy Series) A scripted audio fiction about our suburban guardian angels: the teddies behind the glass. They're here to raise your spirits and pledge to keep watch in the window bay until the masks come off and this pandemic is declared over. Welcome to Teddies in Lockdown.
- The Hunt? (Full Cast Comedy Mystery Series) Anxious to validate her recently-deceased mother's wild conspiracy theories, a young podcaster recruits a poorly-reviewed private eye to help uncover the truth behind a ludicrous urban legend. But after witnessing a murder while searching the Santa Cruz Mountains, they find themselves at the forefront of a sensationalized investigation where every townsperson, news outlet, and internet rando has their own opinion about what really happened.
- Da Silva Linings Ghostbook (Full Cast Comedy Series) Unless you've been living under a rock, you've heard about the psychic medium Sylvester Da Silva in the news recently. He will talk to only one person, and that's journalist Carrie Saxon. Will he talk about why he's in the news? Will he get to the point at all? Find out in this new comedy podcast. Devised and Performed by Jacqueline Davies & John Parry for Deliciously Bright Productions.
- The Afro-Existential Podcast (Full Cast Comedy Series) This season, we present DEAD WAIT: A JOURNEY IN AFRO-EXISTENTIALISM by Blaine Sparks-Teamer. A black comedy, DEAD WAIT tells the story of a modern all-American family: people who love each other but still wrestle with basic human fears: abandonment, poverty, death, and Los Angeles traffic.
- A Candle Against the Dark (Full Cast Drama Series) Done in the style of the radio plays from the early 20th Century, A Candle Against the Dark tells the story of one family's experience with polio in 1942. In addition, the stories of others who were affected by the disease — patients and doctors, parents and nurses — recall a time in our history when we were helpless against a seemingly invincible foe. We hope it becomes a memorial to all those who have worked so hard to achieve near-total elimination of polio from the world... Summit Theatre Group is a community theater company in Lee's Summit, Mo — a suburb of Kansas City.
- Through The Attic Door (Full Cast Urban Fantasy Comedy Series) Step through the attic door, and into the wacky and whimsical work of Hotel Elsewhere! Join the residents, The Scientist, The Gremlin, Brian the Robot, The Demon and more, within the upper most room of this elaborate building. Join them in their adventures as they attempt to figure out the truth about the Hotel Management... and all of the other mysteries that cross the path of the Attic Gang's rather short attention span, with the aid of their trusty radio.
- The Midweek Drama (Full Cast Multigenre Anthology) Bamalam Productions: Providing a platform and vehicle for new creative talent. Content perfect for those who don't have time to stop. Just press play. Listen and enjoy. A collection of audio dramas written by contemporary writers and performed by new acting talent. Connecting new talent across the world with the performing industry.
- The Exploring Series (Narrated Multigenre Folklore Anthology) Lore, mythology, and history summaries in easy to understand and easy to digest formats. The series aren't totally comprehensive, but they provide a great springboard for someone just dipping their toes into a new franchise or topic. So far, I've covered the Cthulhu Mythos, Middle-earth, Star Wars, The Elder Scrolls, Norse Mythology, Celtic Mythology, the SCP Universe, and Warhammer 40k, but I hope to continue doing this for many years.
- Love Don't Live Here Anymore (Full Cast Drama Series) "Love Don't Live Here Anymore," is a fictional, original audio drama podcast series by writers Terrell Jackson and Ember Stone. The lead, Naomi Martin, is a young woman from Kansas City, MO, torn between her dream of becoming a world-renowned vocalist, and the more seemingly realistic goal, set for her by her father, to finish school and have a practical, "safe" existence.
- Tales of What!? (Narrated Multigenre Anthology) Fiction from the weird side. The Twilight Zone meets Adult Swim. The Outer Limits directed by David Lynch. Franz Kafka doing Creepshow. Welcome... to the Tales of What!?
- The Other Stories (Narrated Multigenre Anthology) These aren't the stories your mother used to tell you ... no, these are The Other Stories. The Other Stories is a weekly short story podcast. A modern take on The Twilight Zone, Tales From The Crypt, or The Outer Limits. Sci-Fi, Horror, Thriller, WTF stories delivered right to your podcast feed every Monday morning.
- The Harrowing (Full Cast Horror Thriller Series) A once-in-a-century storm hits the remote Scottish Island of Toll Mòr. As the isolated community take shelter, a barbaric crime sets off a chain of events which heralds the rise of an ancient evil and threatens to change the course of history. Starring Golden Globe winner Joanne Froggatt as Police Sergeant Jackie O'Hara, this 8-part supernatural crime thriller is created by celebrated writer and director Mark Healy and produced by Storyglass.
- The Forest (Narrated Horror Series) Have you ever wanted your life to be more like a fairy tale? Are you sure? In this terrifying and unique interactive story, brought to you by Richard MacLean Smith, you get to make the choices as you find yourself trapped deep inside one fairy tale you'll wish you'd never come across... Can you find a way out before it's too late?
- Creepers (Full Cast Horror Comedy Series) Creepers is a paranormal, horror comedy show. Lots of fun!
- Miscreation (Full Cast Horror Anthology) Each episode brings a scary new tale, performed by our band of actors at Acast's studio. So sit back, and witness our Miscreation.
- The Weird Tales Podcast (Narrated Horror Anthology) Tycho Alhambra is a lover of the weird and bizarre. Here are his readings of his favorite Weird Fiction. Lovecraft, Machen, Poe, Blackwood, Chambers. They're all here.
- Spooked! (Full Cast Horror Comedy Series) Join Damien Doepping and Cody Crain every Monday for.... SPOOKED! The improvised scary story podcast, where it's never scary and it's sometimes a story.
- Shadows of a Dark Past (Full Cast Horror Series) Claysville - a colonial town in Massachusetts, founded in the 17th Century by the wealthy and influential Clayton family. However, some say there is a curse on the family, as not a generation has gone by without horrible tragedy. Time and time again, the family pulls itself up, and time and time again the fates break them back down. It seems an endless cycle. Things have been relatively quiet since 1971, but it is not the tranquility of peace - rather, it feels like the calm before the storm. When local psychiatrist Mark McCain suspects the arrival of a supernatural presence in Claysville, the rumbles of that storm approach. The evil that seemed to be slumbering now stirs, and the calm begins to break down as the modern Clayton family is once again eclipsed by dark shadows from centuries gone by. Can the curse be overcome, or will the shadows of their dark past consume the Clayton family once and for all?
- On the Threshold (Narrated Horror Series/Anthology) Human understanding of the cosmos is like a tiny, flickering candle. This podcast follows Phil Glazer as he chases down accounts of those who have wandered to the edge of the candlelight, and becomes drawn ever further into the shadows himself.
- Unknown 9: Out of Sight (Full Cast Horror Series) Blake Elrich, an urban explorer with a haunted past, travels the country in an old RV with his partner and producer Lazari. At every stop along their journey, they encounter an inexplicable occurrence—something that could not be happening. What's more, they're beginning to suspect that someone is leading them to each strange case. Events intensify when an enigmatic figure emerges, terrorizing whole communities. Blake and Lazari must now race to undo the damage that's already been done and prevent a terrifying force from emerging...
- Scary Story Podcast (Narrated Horror Anthology) Scary Story Podcast features scary stories about darkness, unexplained phenomena, and the paranormal. A collection of short original horror tales made to unsettle you.
- Dead Sirius (Full Cast Horror Comedy Series) Follow the story of Sirius, a man who took matters into his own hands when the zombie apocalypse began, and joined the ranks of the dead before they could force him to. Now a walking, talking, thinking corpse, how will Sirius handle the later stages of the zombie invasion?
- Evil Zodiac (Narrated Comedy Horror Series) Humberto will be your guide to the future...for a Price. A comedy horror show that 100% guarantees that it will help you believe nonsense about your future. Using the powers of the occult and the stars.
- Georgie Romero Is Done For (Full Cast Horror Comedy Series) Georgie Romero has risen from the grave, driven to solve the mystery of her former human life with the help of an inept witch and a cynical ghost.
- Copper Shock (Narrated Horror Anthology) Copper Shock is a story telling channel in the form of old radio Foley sounds and music. Sit back and enjoy original scary stories read by Tasha Wheelhouse. Some stories are based on true life events, while others explore the dark and unexpected.
- Tongue Torn (Narrated Horror Anthology) A series of short stories written and read by Lily Kuenzler. In this series, I will share with you a collection of stories: weird, wonderful, fantastic and dark. I hope you enjoy the ride.
- Tales From The Bud (Narrated Horror Anthology) Welcome buds! Tales From The Bud is a Horror Story Telling Podcast hosted by Dr. Haze & Sir Midnight. Back to back episodes of chilling horror stories every week!
- The Shadow Dispatch (Full Cast Urban Fantasy Horror Series) Salem's best source for late-night news, discussion, and information on all things magical, political, and supernatural.
- Sibling Horror (Narrated Horror Anthology) Short horror stories written by The Fradd Siblings (Emma and Matt Fradd).
- The Haunted Hour (Full Cast Horror Comedy Series) The Haunted Hour broadcasts from the town of Lantern, North Carolina. Explore abandoned pools, convenience stores that move, and things that go bump in the night in this horror comedy from Emerson College.
- The Dark Magazine (Narrated Horror Anthology) A mix of dark fantasy and horror short fiction by both established and rising stars, from The Dark Magazine—and with recent stories reprinted in year's best anthologies, listed on Locus Recommended Reading List, and a subscriber base growing every month, "this new dark fantasy zine is settling well into its niche, which is picking up weirdness as it grows"—Locus.
Feel free to discuss any of these shows or comment about Audio-Drama.com
. Note that the website is currently in the process of being redesigned, so some functionality is limited and pages may look different from one another. I always welcome any questions or feedback. Previous weekly Audio-Drama.com links
submitted by Hitch42
to audiodrama [link] [comments]
2019.07.25 00:53 indiewrestlingtv [Live Event Discussion] Beyond Uncharted Territory Ep. 17 - The Road to Americanrana '19 Ends Here! Now available on Android
It's the final Uncharted Territory
before Americanara '19
- the biggest show in Beyond Wrestling history, this Sunday at Foxwoods Resort and Casino - and we've just launched our public beta of our upcoming Android app for phones and tablets
Let's take a look at what is in store for the final event before Americanrana. JUST ANNOUNCED
: Tonight, The Butcher and The Blade (Andy Williams and Pepper Parks) take on Josh Briggs and Anthony Greene
- At Americanrana, Joey Janela and David Starr will look to end their years long rivalry once and for all when they compete in a 60-minute Iron Man Match. But before then both men will make an appearance on Uncharted Territory as Janela will be given a live mic to address the fans and David Starr will compete against Wheeler YUTA.
- Last week Leyla Hirsch came up short in a hard hitting contest against John Silver only to be attacked after the match by Silver's former partner - and current bitter foe - Alex Reynolds. This week she looks for a measure of revenge as she goes one-one-one with Reynolds.
- On Episode Sixteen, Daniel Garcia ended The Discovery Gauntlet run of Christian Casanova in less than 90 seconds. He returns on Episode Seventeen to take on fellow "Buffalo Boy" Kevin Blackwood.
- Just days before they face off against each other at Americanrana, both Bear Country and LAX will have matches on Wednesday. Who will have more momentum when they square off on Sunday to determine the true aces of the Beyond Wrestling tag team division?
- The unlikely pairing of Nick Gage and Thomas Santell are now 2-0 after defeating Kenn Doane and Richard Holliday on Episode Sixteen. On Episode Seventeen they aim to get their revenge on the two men responsible for ending Santell's run in The Discovery Gauntlet when they join forces again to battle Cam Zagami and Christian Casanova.
- Chris Dickinson has spent the last few months preparing for his Americanrana match against Daisuke Sekimoto by competing against, and defeating, some of the hardest hitting and most intense wrestlers in the world. This week on Uncharted Territory he faces his biggest test when he takes on the man many people consider the best wrestler in the world, Timothy Thatcher.
streams live every Wednesday at 8PM EDT / 5PM PDT from Worcester, Massachusetts! Watch it live on IWTV
as part of your monthly subscription along with access to all of our live streaming events and the entire IWTV video on demand library! Haven't given IWTV a try? Get 20 days free when you start your subscription with the promo code "wreddit20"!
Want to catch up on Uncharted Territory
? All sixteen replays
are available now as part of your IWTV subscription!
submitted by indiewrestlingtv
to SquaredCircle [link] [comments]